Sunday, January 1, 2012

Volunteering Experience #2

On Sunday, October 23 I volunteered at Save.A.Pet Adoption Center for four hours. It was not what I predicted. I anticipated playing with cats and dogs the majority of the four our time slot. Instead, we cleaned outdoor animal play area by raking the leaves and sticks. We also cleaned one of the visiting rooms and folded laundry. I was surprised to see that the volunteer coordinator didn’t have many tasks for us to do. For example after every time we cleaned, we had to wait twenty minutes for the coordinator to find something else for us to do. I chose this volunteering opportunity because I love animals, and I have never had the experience of having a dog of my own. My dad passes by this shelter on his way to work every morning, and he recommended this volunteering experience. After helping out at the shelter I learned that not only people are less fortunate, but animals are as well. I’m glad that I found this opportunity, and I look forward to volunteering more often in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment