Sunday, January 1, 2012

Volunteering Experience #5

Throughout the month of December I organized a holiday piano recital for the senior citizens at Sunrise Assisted Living. My brother, sister, and I planned on performing a few songs for the recital, a few classical pieces and a few holiday pieces. I’ve been playing piano for eight years, and my piano teacher in Michigan organized a holiday recital every year, so I thought it would be a good idea to perform for the senior citizens, since I volunteered at Sunrise Assisted Living over the summer. Overall, it was a good experience. It’s wonderful how much they appreciated something that was very ordinary my me and my siblings. It felt to bring a smile to their faces with each song, and to spread the holiday spirit.
HolidayPiano Recital

Performers: Ghazal, Babak, & Denna Baniasad.



          Do You Hear What I Hear .....  Denna
Fur Elise ….. Beethoven ….. Ghazal
Sailing in the Sun ….. Crystal Bowman ….. Denna
Showboat ….. Denna
Dreamcatcher ….. Jennifer Linn ….. Babak
The Clock Shop ….. Denna
The Haunted Mouse ….. Crystal Bowman ….. Denna
Pachelbel Canon ….. Johann Pachelbel ….. Ghazal
Wipe Out ..... Surfaris ….. Babak
Tribute to Pikes Peek ….. Melody Bober ….. Ghazal
The Most wonderful Time of the Year.... Denna
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer…..Ghazal & Denna

Special Thanks to Lisa Knight and Heidi Yang
                  Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment