Sunday, January 1, 2012

Volunteering Experience #3

On Thursday, December 8 I donated my hair to Locks for Love for the third time. Breast cancer is a disease that is close to my heart because when I was in third grade my aunt was diagnosed with breast cancer. At such a young age I wasn’t able to help her in any way, so since my hair was really long at the time I decided to donate my hair for the cause. After donating my hair for the first time I had the greatest feeling. After my aunt survived her battle against breast cancer I promised myself I would donate my hair as many times as I can. In order to be able to donate your hair, it must be untreated, so no dye. Also, your hair has to be a minimum of ten inches long. After experience this opportunity multiple times I have come to realize that you don’t need to give someone less fortunate money or material objects in order to make them happy. Something small, such as hair, will suffice. 






No comments:

Post a Comment